: For New Users
: General Site Navigation.
About the Site
Volvotechinfo.com is Volvo's online bookstore - one-stop-shopping for service and owner information for models dating back to 1959.
Volvotechinfo.com offers: Older Printed Service Manuals, Printed and Electronic Service Bulletins and Printed Owner's Manuals, Training Materials, Links to important information, Subscription services and additional service and parts information. Volvotechinfo.com also serves as the Gateway to VIDA - Volvo's interactive information and diagnostic tool for fault tracing and repairing newer Volvo models.
In the store, you can browse anonymously, or establish a shopper profile to customize your experience and simplify repeat shopping.
How to Create a User / Login To create a user login, hover your mouse pointer over My Account in the menu bar at the top of the screen and click on the Create an Account option in the sub-menu. Alternatively, click on New User? Click Here at the top of the page, then click on the Create an Account link in the New User Links section.
Enter all of your information and select your options for e-mail notifications. Required fields are indicated by the red asterisk. Click on Submit Account Information to submit your request.
To navigate around the site, you can use the menu bar and drop-down sub-menus. The "
" symbol next to a title indicates that sub-menus are available for that item. To see the drop-down sub-menus, simply hover your mouse over the top of any title - you do not need to click on the title. Sub-menu items which contain additional options are indicated by the "
" symbol. Hover over the sub-menu to display the additional options. The following is a short description of each of these top-level titles:
Clicking on the Volvo Logo will take you to the Volvo corporate site.
- Clicking on the Volvo Car Bookstore Logo will take you back to the Volvotechinfo.com home page.
- Store: The Store link allows you to search for literature and materials directly, sorted by category. Available categories include Owner's Materials, Service Materials, Training Materials, and Subscriptions. For more information, see Using the Search Functions and Ordering from the Site.
- Search: The Search link allows you to perform a site-wide search for any literature and materials based on a keyword. For more information, see Using the Search Functions and Ordering from the Site.
- Find A Dealer: To locate a Volvo dealer, click on Find A Dealer and you will be directed to the Retailer Search on VolvoCars.com
- Help: The Help link displays the support areas for Volvotechinfo and VIDA. The support areas answer frequently asked questions for the topics they cover. For logged-in users, this is also where you can submit and track help requests. You can read more about help requests in How to Submit a Help Request.
- My Account: The My Account dropdown provides links to set up your account or request a password reminder. Once you are logged into your account, this dropdown allows you to view or edit your account profile and email notifications. Clicking on the PDF Viewing Library drop- down sub-menu will display links to the PDF libraries for which you have access.
- Shopping Cart: The Shopping Cart link allows you to view any items that are currently in your shopping cart for purchase. From the Shopping Cart you can also checkout and complete your purchases. For more information about using the Shopping Cart, see Using the Search Functions and Ordering from the Site.
- VIDA: The VIDA link allows you to connect to all information regarding the VIDA program including FAQs, Subscription information and ordering, Release News, eUpdates, the Purchase Process and the Software Download Process. For more information about VIDA, see This is VIDA.
- What's New: The What's New link shows the latest documents and bulletins that have been added to the website. If you have a bulletin subscription, you can download new bulletins directly from this area when you are logged in.
- Resources: The Resources link allows you to display Child Safety Information, Vehicle Extraction Guides and other resource links.
- Links: The Links menu option allows you to view Basic information on Computer Requirements, Policies, Special Tools (SPX and DiCE information), Accessory Instructions and Volvodealersolutions.com.
The welcome section on the main page of Volvotechinfo.com includes valuable up-to-date information including links for Special Offers, Tire Application information and Videos and News items. This section is the main text area on the left side of the page
The VIDA message board displays important information about the VIDA program including the current version, information on scheduled or emergency downtime and any news or bulletins on VIDA.
The Volvo Genuine Parts area includes helpful links to The Volvo Collection, Tire Applications, Special Offers (you must be logged-in to view Special Offers), The Illustrated Advisor, Parts Quality documents and the Dealer Locator.
Use the Support link under the Help drop-down sub-menu for assistance on the website. Additional helpful information can be found in the New User section of the website.